Mergers & Acquisitions names the 2023 Most Influential Women in Mid-Market M&A, including GTCR LLC’s Melissa Mounce.
How are you a champion of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI)?
• Proposed, introduced and on-boarded 30 GTCR portfolio company CEOs to become signatories of the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
• Appointed 35 racially or gender diverse board directors to GTCR portfolio companies and initiated the creation of GTCR’s outside director digital board book to connect and leverage this talented network.
• Set up a partnership with a female executive network, Extraordinary Women on Boards (EWOB) to create community among female outside board directors, provide trending boardroom content and source new female board candidates.
• Co-led the launch of the firm’s DEI council, which defines and furthers efforts around diversity, equity and inclusion within GTCR.
• Co-designed GTCR’s DEI Learning Journey, to upskill employees through curated training and virtual reality tools used to immerse participants in real situations around bias and inclusivity.
How are you advancing the state of women?
I am co-leading the GTCR Women’s Leadership Group for the firm’s investment professionals and operations managers, which brings together women at the firm to mentor, build a community of support, share ideas, and openly discuss topics that impact women, especially as they traverse through their careers.
I am also one of the founders of the Private Equity Network of Operating Women, which shares best practices, trends, and insights with the specific goal of supporting and advancing women at PE firms.
For the full list of 2023 Most Influential Women in Mid-Market M&A, see here.