Mergers & Acquisitions enjoys a long and stellar history of award-winning coverage of private equity and M&A in the middle market, and we are now in an exciting stage of growth under new ownership. As we launch a new website and embark on new projects in 2021, we are looking for talent to help us grow. If you’re among the best in editorial, sales or marketing, drop us a note at [email protected] and let’s talk.
Here are our current job openings:
We seek an assistant reporter to write a high volume of brief, accurate descriptions of M&A deals on a daily basis for our audience of sophisticated dealmakers.
The ideal candidate will have excellent researching and writing skills, and be able to work quickly, accurately and independently. Prior journalism experience is helpful but not required. It is important that the candidate be able to work with other team members and respond enthusiastically to feedback. This position is a good fit for someone beginning a career in journalism, or transitioning from another career into journalism, or re-entering the workforce with prior related experience. The position reports to the Editor-in-Chief and is currently Work from Home, due to Covid-19.
The primary responsibilities of the M&A and Private Equity Researcher are:
– Find and gather announcements of M&A transactions from wire services, press releases and other sources.
– Write 30-40 information-packed, accurate “briefs,” describing transactions for our website and daily e-newsletters.
– Write headlines for the briefs.
– Tag the briefs with information for search engine optimization (SEO).
– Use WordPress and other software programs to publish the briefs to our website.
– Incorporate feedback from other editorial team members.
– Develop insights about M&A and private equity over time.
This is an entry-level position that offers a great way to learn about dealmaking/M&A and B-to-B Information. As you demonstrate the ability to master the skills required for this job, you’ll be given new opportunities to expand your writing and reporting skills, working your way up to a full-time reporter position.