Mergers & Acquisitions enjoys a long and stellar history of award-winning coverage of private equity and M&A in the middle market, and we are now in an exciting stage of growth under new ownership. As we launch a new website and embark on new projects in 2021, we are looking for talent to help us grow. If you’re among the best in editorial, sales or marketing, drop us a note at [email protected] and let’s talk.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
When you get hired with us, you’ll be joining a fun, energetic team that loves the pace of the M&A world and enjoys working for a leading publisher in the space…one that’s been around for 57 years!
We offer a competitive salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as other great benefits including a company match with our 401(k) program. We also offer unlimited time off! Work hard, show us your dedication to the team, and we won’t bother counting the number of days that you take a break!
Interested, qualified candidates for any editorial position must submit a brief cover letter, resume, salary requirements and clips to [email protected].
Candidates who fail to provide these four simple requests will not be considered.
About Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers & Acquisitions, the oldest trade publication serving the dealmaker community, is published by Middle Market Information LLC. Started in 1965, M&A’s print and digital magazine, news website, daily email newsletters, and social media channels inform private equity firms, strategic acquirers, investment banks and other deal intermediaries on breaking news, emerging trends, and rising stars in the industry. M&A is well known for several of annual features, including its Most Influential Women in Mid-Market M&A, its long-running Mid-Market M&A Awards and its extensive coverage of ESG and DEI as they rise in importance with our readers.
About Middle Market Information
Middle Market Information LLC, based in Wilton, Conn., is a business data, information and events company focused on serving financial professionals in the middle market. The company stands as an independent, trusted voice that provides critical insight, commentary, analysis and community to help our customers profit, avoid disruption and improve their capabilities.
Middle Market Information is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment, hiring and promotion decisions are not based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age (40 or older) or genetic information (including family medical history).
Here are our current job openings:
Mergers & Acquisitions seeks an M&A and Private Equity Reporter to add to our growing editorial team. Come join us!
Mergers & Acquisitions enjoys a long, stellar history of covering private equity and M&A in the middle market, and we are now in an exciting stage of growth under new ownership. We are looking to add an experienced M&A and Private Equity Reporter, who will lead our daily news coverage and write a daily column aimed at our audience of sophisticated dealmakers.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience covering M&A and/or private equity as a writer, reporter and/or editor. Knowledge of the industry and sources is a prerequisite. Strong reporting and writing skills are essential. It is also important that the candidate work collaboratively as a team member, respond enthusiastically to feedback and jump at opportunities to develop and expand their skills.
You’ll report to our Managing Editor. The position is currently Work from Home, due to Covid-19, however our team gets together in-person when we put on our own conferences for temporary office days, off-site strategy meetings and yummy team dinners. We also Zoom together every other week for virtual happy hours with the team.
The primary responsibility of the M&A and Private Equity Reporter is to cover daily M&A transaction news for our website, TheMiddleMarket.com, and our e-newsletter, M&A Today. Additionally you’ll get the chance to show your talents in long-form journalism by writing features in our magazine. You’ll also be asked to particpate on stage in our conferences by moderating panels and interviewing industry luminaries who keynote for us.
One thing you won’t be asked to do is write marketing copy for our advertisers. We’re a relic of the past and strongly believe our reporters should report the news and not shill for our ad sales team like so many of our competitors do. Frankly, we’re embarrassed for our colleagues at other titles and if you’re one of them reading this, come enjoy a breath of fresh air over here.
Specifically, responsibilities include:
- Develop and write a daily column on M&A and private equity news and trends with an authoritative and compelling voice. This will be featured in our daily e-newsletter.
- Collect and gather information about deals and M&A news.
- Develop relationships and conduct interviews with sources.
- Write news and features about deals and developments in M&A and private equity.
- Produce stories for publication on our website and in print.
- Find photos and other images to accompany the stories and do simple photo editing.
- Employ tagging and other best practices for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Promote stories on our social media platforms.
- Cover industry events and participate in our own events (moderating panels, interviewing keynoters, etc).
- Participate in podcasts, webinars and video interviews, as needed.
- Travel to industry events for coverage and source development.
- Work with other members of the editorial team.
- Use a wide variety of software programs and other technology, including but not limited to WordPress, Microsoft Excel, Adobe InCopy, Adobe Photoshop, social media platforms and management tools, website traffic analytical tools, etc.
We seek an assistant reporter to write a high volume of brief, accurate descriptions of M&A deals on a daily basis for our audience of sophisticated dealmakers.
The ideal candidate will have excellent researching and writing skills, and be able to work quickly, accurately and independently. Prior journalism experience is helpful but not required. It is important that the candidate be able to work with other team members and respond enthusiastically to feedback. This position is a good fit for someone beginning a career in journalism, or transitioning from another career into journalism, or re-entering the workforce with prior related experience. The position reports to the Managing Editor and is currently Work from Home, due to Covid-19.
The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Reporter are:
– Find and gather announcements of M&A transactions from wire services, press releases and other sources.
– Write 30-40 information-packed, accurate “briefs,” describing transactions for our website and daily e-newsletters.
– Write headlines for the briefs.
– Tag the briefs with information for search engine optimization (SEO).
– Use WordPress and other software programs to publish the briefs to our website.
– Incorporate feedback from other editorial team members.
– Develop insights about M&A and private equity over time.
This is an entry-level position that offers a great way to learn about dealmaking/M&A and B-to-B Information. As you demonstrate the ability to master the skills required for this job, you’ll be given new opportunities to expand your writing and reporting skills, working your way up to a full-time reporter position.